Sunday, November 29, 2009

Something to Prove

Today is another great day for Cait. I went into see her and Dr. Berger came right up to me and said one word, "Fantastic." That totally made my day. He went on to say that he can't believe just how wonderful she is doing and that he is amazed at how well her lungs are doing. Yesterday her oxygen was at a four and today she is down to a one. Her nurse said she is doing great with no drops in her stats. WAY TO GO LITTLE GIRL!!!! The best news being we might be able to hold her tonight or tomorrow depending on how her stats are. We also get to start helping with changing her diaper. Who ever thought we would look forward to that.

We are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for the progress that our little girl is making. Every day she is proving to all around her that she has her own plans for this life despite the odds she was given which, by the way, was around 1%. She has blessed our family so much already and we look forward to seeing her each day.

-Candice

8 comments:

  1. That is fantastic! Such great news. I am still reminded of my favorite scripture that says
    "Be still...and Know that I am God" He is God and how blessed we are to see his loving hand. Keep improving CAIT! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad little Cait is making improvements everyday, and hope she contiues to do so. Thank you so much for keeping us all up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys. What a blessing. I hope she keeps suprising everyone with her ability to keep fighting.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. thumbs up and fingers crossed - i hope you both are getting some good sleep with all the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will keep praying for you and your family. She is super tough. I hope this will be a reminder for yrs to come that her big brothers better not pick on her! I have a feeling she could take them or anyone for that matter! I love reading this. You guys bring me to tears and it proves (even after all we have been through with Bethany) all the little steps count and to embrace and love our kids everday single minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful little girl and Heavenly Father is defintely watching over her. Aunt Betty sends her love and prayers. I am so happy you have such a wonderful blessing from heaven and happy she is fighting to stay here with her new family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is always a high point in my day, I love reading about the miracles and blessings of life. I can't wait to meet this choice daughter of our heavenly father. It is a blessing in my life to hear about her strength, your faith, and witness the power of prayer and priesthood blessings. We pray for you guys and hope you and the boys are doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys - I'm so glad you're keeping this blog! Now when I don't make it to church I don't have to pester Randy to make sure he tells me everything they announce about you all! :) We continue to pray for your family and think about you every day. - The McKays

    ReplyDelete