Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Giving this post a title was interesting. I thought about the term Home Sweet Home and what that really means. I was able to bring Candice home from the hospital this afternoon and what a great feeling it is to have her back home with us after several weeks in the hospital. The spirit Candice brings to our home truly does make it, Home Sweet Home. I have missed that.

It was hard for us to say goodbye to Cait before we left the hospital, knowing that she would no longer be just down the hall. We know she is in good hands. We had a great update from Cait's doctor today. She is making small improvements on her oxygen levels, but her jaundice levels have increased. She will continue to receive photo-therapy treatment for probably another week or so.

We are able to hold her hands through the openings in the incubator, which has been a choice experience for the both of us. Sometimes she will grab hold of your little finger and not let go. She is so strong. I say that more in a spiritual way, than physical. Her strength is our strength. We hope at some point we will bring Cait home so that she too can be apart of our Home Sweet Home!
-Dale

8 comments:

  1. Its so good to hear Candice is home. I hope she is feeling good. Your baby is beautiful. She is a fighter. Its great she has such strong parents, your guys are a wonderful exaple for all of us. Thanks for letting us share in your highs and lows. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. If you need anything please let us know. We love you guys
    Cathy and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee for Candice coming home. No more hospital bed! Now you can enjoy your sweet boys. You will probably need some extra help with things. I will call you tomorrow and see how things are. You are thought about daily even hourly. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me cry. I know how screy this all must be. Is she at primarys? We will continue to pray for you ad your new little one. Let me know if you guys need anything. You have a very beautiful little girl. She will amaze you! As for Candice...you are a very strong woman and i am happy you get to be home with all your boys. I am here if you need anything...love and miss you guys!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, that word up there is supposed to be SCARY! dont ask..I just cant type.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's great there there is positive improvements! thanks for letting us all be a little part of your experience with Cait. Just shows you how quickly you CAN impact people for good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home Candice! So glad to hear every bit of good news. Keep it coming! And please know that I am hear to talk to if you need it. I have been on this emotional roller coaster and done a lot of learning about the brain, and it does help to talk to someone that has been in a similar situation.
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad your home. It's so hard going home and leaving your baby, but I'm sure your boys are excited. I pray things continue to get better for Cait. If you ever need to talk call me:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on coming home. I know your family must have missed you terribly. No one can fill your place. Even though it must be hard to be away from sweet Cait, I hope you can find a little time to rest. Please let us know what you need.

    ReplyDelete